Benefits of PGS
This secure and simple method of giving serves givers and churches in many ways.
The individual benefits from:
- Retaining control of how much they give, how often and to which church
- Using a simple giving method that means regular financial support to their church
- The option to increase giving annually to protect their gift against inflation
- Anonymity, if preferred
- Peace of mind that the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme protects their gifts
The treasurer benefits from:
- Reduced administration and paperwork
- Easy access to monthly and annual (both tax and calendar year) statements
- Saving time; for themselves and those who count the money from plate collections
The church benefits from:
- Stable and often increased planned giving, by launching PGS alongside a Giving Review
- Efficient and regular reclaim of Gift Aid, improving cashflow
- Protection against static giving, by offering givers the option to index-link their gift
The administrative cost of operating the scheme is covered by each member diocese, making the service free to use for churches and givers.
As a charity whose origins are within the Church, PGS is dedicated to serving givers and churches in a shared ministry of giving. Every pound given through PGS can be put to Christian service in the local community, free from time-consuming admin.