Benefits of PGS
This modern, tax efficient way of managing giving to your church offers the following:
The church benefits by:
- Stable and often increased planned giving – by launching PGS alongside a Giving Review.
- Efficient and regular reclaim of Gift Aid - improving cash flow.
- Protection against static giving – by offering givers to index link their gift.
The treasurer benefits by:
- Reduced administration and paperwork.
- Access to monthly and annual (both tax and calendar year) statements.
- Saves time for them and people who count the money.
The individual benefits by:
- Being in total control of how much they give.
- Using a simple giving method that means regular financial support to their church.
- The option to increase giving annually to protect their gift against inflation.
- The Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme protects the gifts
It's easy to set up and manage. All the PCC needs to do is pass a resolution to start the Scheme and show leadership by joining and encouraging others to join. The diocese covers the administrative cost so it is free to churches and the Parish Giving Scheme team - do all the work!