How it Works
The scheme enables you to:
- Give monthly, quarterly or annually by Direct Debit
- Sign up to inflation linked giving annually, if you choose
- Enhance your gift to the parish by having Gift Aid at 25% added to your giving
- Give anonymously, if you prefer
- Give securely
There are three ways in which you can set up a Direct Debit to give regularly to your church or parish:
- Via paper 'Gift Form' – available from your PGS parish representative
- Via our telephone service on 0333 002 1271, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Via this website
Even though the gifts are made to the PGS, gifts are restricted to the parish you specify and cannot be used elsewhere. Our team will process your Gift Aid declaration, where applicable, and then the gift will be passed back to your parish by 10th of the month. The Gift Aid sum will be sent separately once PGS has received it from HMRC.
A unique feature of the scheme is the option for each giver to commit in principle to increase their gift annually in line with inflation. While this is a voluntary decision, it is one that could potentially have a huge impact on the life and future of the church. If you manage your giving online, you can easily change the amount you give at any time. Alternatively, you can contact PGS and we will adjust the gift for you.